Re: VOTE: 3.0M3 Release

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 19:02:09 EST

    Hello.

    On Jan 28, 2008, at 15:30, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M3/
    > Please test out the binaries and then cast your vote.

    Thanks for doing the release Kevin!

    Here is my testing:
      * used the .tar.gz with our project junit tests. no errors found.
      * cayenne junit tests on derby and psql
      * downloaded the mac dmg and played with the modeler

    My vote: +1

    On a side note: Some months ago we moved our production system (using
    cayenne all over) from MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL for performance and
    concurrency reasons. The worst case commit was reduced from 20 minutes
    locking the important table for everyone to about 20 seconds with no
    locking issues. All on ca the same hardware. This week, we got a new
    server and now, the same commit is around 1 second :). It is a Dell
    2900 with 10 15Krpm SAS discs. We use 2 for OS++, 2 for psql wal and 6
    in a raid 10 for the base. Not that big, but a step up for us.

    Regards,
      - Tore.