Disabling javadoc generation

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 17:48:03 EST

    Would anyone object to the disabling of javadoc building by default? The
    javadoc generation seems to dominate every other phase in my building and
    accounts for 50% of the total time to build. Moreover, most of the time I'm
    not even going to use that javadoc because I'm building to test something.

    Obviously, I'd still push it through for any released artifacts, but it
    strikes me as being unnecessarily time consuming in everyday use.

    If no one objects, I'll dig into how to do this in maven, as I'm not even
    sure how to control it quite yet.

    Thanks,
    Kevin