Re: newbie callback questions

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 08:10:57 EST

    On 07/02/2008, at 9:23 PM, Tore Halset wrote:

    > In my simple case it would have been even nicer if the
    > _MyEntity.java included something like "protected abstract void
    > onPreUpdate();" generated from the model. Default MyEntity.java
    > should include an emty stub for that method.
    >
    > Would that be a reasonable feature request? I am asking before
    > registering as I am such a callback newbie.

    I think that is a nice idea. That would force the user to implement
    those methods and not forget that they were switched on in the model.
    Unfortunately there is no simple way to achieve the reverse: disabling
    them in the model and forgetting to remove the code from the
    application: unless we used a..allback annotation to mark the
    appropriate methods. Something like:

    @Documented
    @Inherited
    @Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
    public..nterface CallBack { }

    I'm not 100% sure that would work out, but I thought I'd throw it in
    there with your idea. I'm not sure how you'd then use this to give
    some warning at compile time or runtime if the callback was not
    enabled in the model.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001