Re: Cleaning up inheritance tests

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 09:35:27 EDT

    On Mar 28, 2008, at 3:25 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > Okay. I've always viewed them as just a way to not have to specify
    > the
    > other half of a mapped relationship. The fact that new ones were
    > being created for relationships I never intended on using was news
    > to me

    It's sort of all of the above:

    1. For DbRelationships (which themselves are really an artificial
    construct, not exposed in the code in 99.9% of cases) it is a
    convenience shortcut.

    2. For ObjRelationships it is a way to allow users to choose the
    object model that makes sense to them, instead of forcing mandatory bi-
    directional relationships.

    Andrus