Re: DBPatch

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 06:47:20 EDT

    > FYI: I started a simple DB schema evolution management task in Cayenne
    > SVN sandbox last month (the task still has some shortcomings, but I am
    > already actively using it in development). Since it doesn't really
    > belong in Cayenne I spoke to Ant folks [1] to maybe integrate it to Ant
    > in some form. Will be working towards making it an Antlib now.
    >
    > [1]
    > http://ant.markmail.org/search/#query:+page:1+mid:zgcqr6ls5nawtdvm+state:results
    IMHO a much better place for such a tool (even if it's not cayenne dependent), would
    be a simple Cayenne subproject, e.g. "cayenne-tools" where several such tools
    could be hosted.

    If these tools are helpful for many users (and get high usage), they'll raise the the
    view/usage of the parent project(Cayenne) as well.

    It would be also less bureaucratic to do it under Cayenne since no "a least 3 developers" would be
    required, and you could simply reuse the cayenne infrastructure the way it is.

    just my 2 cents,

    Ahmed.