Re: Possible breakage

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 01:29:21 EDT

    So the original problem we are trying to solve is the table naming
    conflict that is possible if we do not account for schemas. If there
    is no table naming conflict, there is no problem with the current
    mechanism. If there is, it equally breaks all PK generation engines
    that we provide. Or am I missing some other aspects of it?

    It now occurred to me that the limitation above is deeper than the PK
    generation mechanism. EntityResolver is not schema aware, so
    "schema1.table1" and "schema2.table1" will result in a conflict even
    before we hit the PK generation, and even if multiple DataMaps are
    used in the same domain to map the conflicting tables. So looks like
    we need to investigate (and fix) that first, before getting to the PK
    discussion.

    Andrus