Re: M5?

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 18:47:23 EDT

    On 23/10/2008, at 1:46 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > We got a bunch of tasks closed and new tasks started since we had
    > this discussion last time. So is everybody ok with tagging M5 or are
    > there reasons to wait longer?

    Absolutely. It has been long enough since M4. For that matter, once we
    resolve the API changes surrounding generics, what is preventing a
    release of 3.0? I think it would be good for the public visibility of
    Cayenne to have a final release of 3.0 soon. If it were not for the
    API effects of moving to generics m4 could well have been labelled 3.0
    and this coming release 3.1.

    I believe we are already advocating to people that they use 3.0M4 in
    production, so we should formalise that with a properly labelled
    release. Should we agree to:

    3.0M5: next week
    3.0M6: inheritance and prefetch (and other bits which are in progress
    now), plus finalisation of generics
    3.0 beta 1: no more API changes

    I don't have the rights to create milestones in Jira, but some triage
    work to organise remaining tasks might be useful.

    Regards
    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001