Re: Who's using CayenneModelerMojo?

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 07:32:38 EST

    I added it because I found it easier to type:

    $ mvn cayenne:modeler

    than to download the modeler, install it into some location, write
    some script to activate it from the CLI, add the script to the PATH,
    and then run the script.

    The thinking was inline with how the jetty plugin works in providing a
    complete development environment. I did overlook that it would pull
    all those JARs in, but I'm also not terribly concerned by it. I think
    when you use maven you accept that a lot of junk you don't use
    directly is going to be pulled in, for better or worse.

    Having said that, I know at least Ari had some problems with the mojo
    that I haven't been able to reproduce. It's something I'm aiming to
    fix, but am not really sure where to start. My guess is that it's not
    essential and could go away, although my vote is for it to not.

    --
    Kevin

    On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote: > Just noticed that maven-cayenne-plugin has a Modeler dependency. So a simple > cgen run gets a bunch of unneeded jars to the Maven repo. Of course when I > removed it and tried to recompile, I stumbled upon CayenneModelerMojo... > > So, why would anybody want to start CayenneModeler from Maven? What is the > use case that makes it preferable to the normal way of doing it? > > Andrus >