Re: Removing..uthor tags

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 08:20:23 EST

    Sounds good to me. The commit history is a better indicator of who to
    talk to if one does have a question to ask the author anyway.

    --
    Kevin

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote: > I'd like to suggest stripping..uthor tags from all Java classes. In a > mature project like Cayenne they make little sense, as many people have > touched most files over the years. They only create false ownership > perception. As my name is on most of the classes, I figured it would be most > appropriate if I suggest that myself. > > Also IIRC there have been discussions in other places at Apache that > mentioned..uthor tags as a potential for developer legal liability (as you > know, one of the major goals of the ASF is to shield individual contributors > from such liability). I am personally less concerned about this particular > aspect, still figured I'd mention. > > Thoughts? > > Andrus >