Re: jira versions

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 21:02:17 EST

    On 12/11/2008, at 11:43 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > Awesome work, Ari. I tried to do this in the past and ran into all
    > sorts of issues. IIRC, it had to do with reopening closed issues to
    > set a new fix version. I'd be interested to know how you went about
    > this.

    Nothing particularly special. Just "edit" task and set the fix
    version. Also, I made use of the bulk edit feature which let me choose
    tasks en masse and change attributes. Then I exported the release
    notes for each version, used a bit of regex to clean them up and
    diffed them against our RELEASE-NOTES file to find any errors.

    We are about one task away from M5, so perhaps everyone could throw
    into 3.0 the tasks which they are working on next. When the time is
    closer, I'd like to rename 3.0 to 3.0M6 or 3.0beta1 depending on what
    is decided at that time. I know I'm doing more organising than code
    writing at the moment, but please everyone let me know if you want me
    to continue in this fashion.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001