Hudson setup status

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 15:28:22 EST

    Looks like I was able to fix configurations for Cayenne-trunk and
    Cayenne-30. So now we have two fully working builds, and can improve
    upon the existing baseline setup. A few comments explaining what I had
    to fix:

    1. I was wrong about the "Ubuntu" group including Hadoop* machines.
    Ubuntu = minerva + vesta. So both build configurations are explicitly
    clustered across the group.

    2. Both minerva and vesta contain identical ~hudson/.cayenne/
    connection.properties files. We need to manually keep those in sync.
    At the same time we don't really need one on hudson.zones.apache.org.

    3. Cayenne-30 does not support cayenneTestConnection property and I am
    not comfortable patching it from trunk at this point. And as Ari
    noticed, using cayenne.test.connection notation doesn't play well with
    Hudson (I can't imagine why, but I can confirm this finding). As a
    result we can't run 3.0 on Hudson with Derby or H2. So I removed those
    options. Now it runs with Java 5 & 6 on HSQLDB only.

    4. Cayenne-trunk on the other hand can support specific DB's (see #2
    above), and so it does. Derby runs without test failures BTW. However
    I've seen occasional test failures that can be attributed to race
    conditions in the tests (those happen on local machines as well). One
    day we are going to track them down.

    5. Builds themselves are pretty fast. Usually the slowest step is SVN
    checkout.

    Andrus