Re: Hudson setup status

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 20:00:59 EST

    On 5/01/10 7:28 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > 1. I was wrong about the "Ubuntu" group including Hadoop* machines.
    > Ubuntu = minerva + vesta. So both build configurations are explicitly
    > clustered across the group.
    >
    > 2. Both minerva and vesta contain identical
    > ~hudson/.cayenne/connection.properties files. We need to manually keep
    > those in sync. At the same time we don't really need one on
    > hudson.zones.apache.org.

    I was thinking that in the longer term we could get rid of that file for Hudson purposes and just hardcode some defaults right into a file within svn. After all, HSQLDB is hardcoded in.

    > 3. Cayenne-30 does not support cayenneTestConnection property and I am
    > not comfortable patching it from trunk at this point. And as Ari
    > noticed, using cayenne.test.connection notation doesn't play well with
    > Hudson (I can't imagine why, but I can confirm this finding).

    It is because Hudson uses Groovy for scripting. And Groovy gets confused by variable names with dots.

    > As a
    > result we can't run 3.0 on Hudson with Derby or H2. So I removed those
    > options. Now it runs with Java 5 & 6 on HSQLDB only.

    I think that is a good option for now.

    > 4. Cayenne-trunk on the other hand can support specific DB's (see #2
    > above), and so it does. Derby runs without test failures BTW. However
    > I've seen occasional test failures that can be attributed to race
    > conditions in the tests (those happen on local machines as well). One
    > day we are going to track them down.
    >
    > 5. Builds themselves are pretty fast. Usually the slowest step is SVN
    > checkout.

    Hey, maybe if we are game we could try building against Harmony. I wonder if that would work...

    Ari

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A