Re: Known issues

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 13:53:47 EST

    I'd say a static list with a note to check the jira system for updates.
    But for any given release, the bugs aren't going to go away :)

    On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar..aniatis.org> wrote:
    > How do we want to deal with this? A list of known issues at the top of the
    > release notes file? Or else just a link to the Jira with a search for issues
    > still open and reported in 3.0 (which means it is dynamic and constantly
    > updated as new issues are found). If the later, we need to do more triage to
    > separate out real bugs from support requests and feature requests and also
    > some really old 1.2 bugs which aren't relevant.
    >
    > Ari
    >

    > On 7/01/10 6:47 PM, Andrey Razumovsky (JIRA) wrote:
    >>
    >>      [
    >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1266?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
    >> ]
    >>
    >> Andrey Razumovsky updated CAY-1266:
    >> -----------------------------------

    >> Oracle  (was: Joint prefetches do not work on Oracle)
    >>
    >> This issue is nasty, but I'm afraid it cannot be fixed easily since nested
    >> SQL statements are *required* for Oracle fetch limit/offset. So let's
    >> release without it
    >>
    >>> Joint prefetches with fetch limit and offset do not work on Oracle
    >>>
    >>>                 Key: CAY-1266
    >>>             Fix For: 3.0RC2
    >>>

    >>> Joint prefetches do not work on Oracle(when at least one column name in
    >>> root and prefetched tables has the same name (this is the most common case -
    >>> source and target join columns have the same name). Example of invalid SQL:
    >>> select * from ( select tid.*, ROWNUM rnum from (SELECT DISTINCT t0.DOCID,
    >>> t0.DOCTYPEID, t0.DOCDATE, t0.TIMESTAMP, t0.DOCDATEBEGIN, t0.DOCDESC,
    >>> t0.DOCNAME, t0.DOCEND, t0.DOCDATEEND, t0.DOCSTATUSID, t0.LABELID,
    >>> t0.DOCNUMBER, t0.DELETED, t0.DBUSER, t0.FOLDERID, t0.DOCDATEAGREE,
    >>> t1.DBUSER, t1.DELETED, t1.TIMESTAMP, t1.CUSTOMERID, t1.DOCID, t1.KCADOCID,
    >>> t1.KCADOCTYPEID, t1.KCAID, t1.ORGSID FROM DOC t0 LEFT JOIN KCA_DOC t1 ON