Re: Hudson test against MS SQL server

From: Evgeny Ryabitskiy (evgeny.ryabitski..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 2010 - 13:41:01 EST

    > We could, but I doubt there would be anywhere for maven to fetch them from.
    > Microsoft are hardly likely be running a maven repository.

    We can use JTDS drivers, as Tore notices. I would advice to use
    exactly JTDS drivers for SQL Server (maybe we could use both for 2
    different configurations).

    Available from here:
    http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/sourceforge/jtds/jtds/1.2.4/jtds-1.2.4.pom

    I am using JTDS. There where some experiments from my side to use
    Microsoft official driver instead.
    If Just switch drivers to Microsoft one - everything stop to work for
    SQLTemplates (lot's of bind/type mapping problems).

    Also performance tests shown:
    JTDS is much faster when you are using bind directive (prepared
    statement). Microsoft shown same result for query using #bind
    directive and query where parameters set up via Velocity just in query
    line, but much slower then JTDS with #bind.

    So.. Microsoft official drivers we can deployed at some
    Apache/objectstyle repo. I prefer Apache.

    Evgeny.

    PS: when there will be Oracle turn. Official drivers from here
    http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/oracle/ojdbc14/10.2.0.3.0/
    are not latest. Looks like no body was updating them for a while....
    We should also deploy latest version somewhere.