CAY-1378, CAY-1009...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Feb 07 2010 - 10:18:24 EST

    Guys, we need to do something about CAY-1009. The fix doesn't look
    logical to me, and now it turns out that it breaks other things per
    CAY-1378.

    I am looking at commented out test case InheritanceTest.testCAY1009()
    that Kevin created, and from what I can tell, Cayenne does the right
    thing here (without the CAY-1009 fix). I.e.
    DirectToSubEntity.subEntities is NOT a reverse relationship of
    BaseEntity.toDirectToSubEntity, so we should not expect it to behave
    as one.

    Bryan and Andrey also had problems with "runtime" relationships. So
    could you create test cases for those so we can maybe try looking for
    the another cause is elsewhere? Or maybe you could provide a failing
    mapping and describe the problem?

    Andrus

    Begin forwarded message: