Re: CAY-1378, CAY-1009...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 08:01:48 EST

    On Feb 10, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > I mapped the relationship for the one subclass that
    > needed it because it was the only one that needed it. While I could
    > have mapped it at the superclass level, all other siblings would then
    > have the method, which would be logically invalid.

    This all sounds correct and this works as far as I can tell.

    The only way I can reproduce the problem is if there is a user-mapped,
    not runtime, reverse relationship connected to a superclass, while the
    forward relationship is connected to a subclass (or vice versa). I.e.
    (A -> C ; C -> B) is a bad combination, but just (C -> B) without an
    explicit (A -> C) works ok. I.e. runtime relationships help you avoid
    reverse relationships, unless an incorrect cross-hierarchy mapping is
    present.

    Andrus