Re: CAY-1378, CAY-1009...

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 10 2010 - 07:44:31 EST

    On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > Now back to 3.0... Could you explain why there is a mismatch in the mapping?
    > I.e. why can't you remap (A -> C ; C -> B) as either (A -> C ; C -> A) or (B
    > -> C ; C -> B) from the application design perspective?

    I don't think this was my case, but the reason I mapped the way I did
    is that 11 out of 12 columns were in common between several classes,
    so I used STI. I mapped the relationship for the one subclass that
    needed it because it was the only one that needed it. While I could
    have mapped it at the superclass level, all other siblings would then
    have the method, which would be logically invalid. Additionally, I
    couldn't reasonably enforce a mandatory constraint.

    At the time I also looked into having Cayenne not create runtime
    relationships that it didn't need to . . . after all, this one is
    mapped. But I ran into much larger obstacles when doing that, so I
    decided to try to figure out how to work with them.

    --
    Kevin