Re: [VOTE] cayenne-3.1M1

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2010 - 15:09:19 UTC

    +1

    Code built with test cases running. Diff of OS X DMG with built
    sources mostly checked out (AutoAdapter.class had a difference,
    though). Signatures match.

    The one big issue I had was after I downloaded the DMG, the first
    thing I did was run the new CayenneModeler and pointed it at my
    current project file. This, of course, does an in-place upgrade. I
    had to go to my backups to restore the old project file since it was
    pretty different. It isn't very clear that your cayenne.xml file goes
    away or that it upgrades and saves immediately. Even the UPGRADE.txt
    doesn't quite make it clear (but no one is going to read that
    immediately would be my guess). I'm mainly mentioning this because
    this is a milestone release and most people might be willing to try it
    on an existing project for a test, but not realize it could be a tad
    destructive when they go back to 3.0.

    Also, the UPGRADE.txt specifies:

      ServerRuntime runtime = new ServerRuntime("cayenne-UntitledDomain.xml");

      To obtain a new ObjectContext, the following API is used:

      ObjectContext context = cayenneRuntime.getContext();

    The variables "runtime" and "cayenneRuntime" should be changed to be
    consistent, I think.

    Thanks,

    mrg