Re: DBAdapters for Hsqldb and PostgreSQL

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 09:28:33 EDT

    At 11:31 PM 7/10/2002 -0700, Walter S. So wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been able to setup and execute the runtests script of Cayenne alpha,
    >but unfortunately, it
    >doesn't support either Hypersonic SQL or PostgreSQL. I first tried using
    >the default JdbcAdapter,
    >then tested the other Adapters in the small hope that one of them might
    >work. Unfortunately, none
    >of them got past the table creation process, so I'm waiting with bated
    >breath for Cayenne to come
    >with DBAdapters for the above mentioned RDBMSes. I would have tried it on
    >Oracle or MySQL, but
    >the project team has already defined PostgreSQL as our target
    >database. On a side note, I'm also
    >testing Torque for class and sql generation.
    >
    >Thank you.

    Hi Walter,

    PostgreSQL adapter is in the works
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/2002/06/0021.html ). In
    fact we event started writing the code, but it never made it to Alpha 1.
    And yes, I know, current adapters will fail miserably with Postgres.

    Give it a month (or maybe less ;-)) and it will be there. We are planning
    Alpha 2 release in a few days. After this is out, I will start looking at
    Postgres issues.

    Andrus