RE: Cayenne Newbe Question

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 10:41:27 EDT

    Hi JR,

    At 03:25 PM 8/2/2002 -0500, JR Ruggentaler wrote:
    >I am using JSDK 1.4 and Cayenne Alpha 2.
    >
    >java version "1.4.0"
    >Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
    >Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

    Your environment seems OK. Lets investigate some more. Here is a few questions:

    1. You can open your cayenne.xml in CayenneModeler, right?

    2. Crash occurs only when you run your test application "CayenneTst"?

    If both answers are "yes", then a probable cause of the crash is the old
    version of cayenne.xml hanging somewhere in CLASSPATH. Cayenne may be using
    that older version. Please look for it in your classpath locations, as well
    as any JAR files you may have built before.

    >Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of the Java SDK or should I download
    >a newer version of the Xerces library?

    Try not using Xerces at all. If you installed it somewhere (like in
    $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext), try temporarily removing it. But anyway, I think
    the problem is with older versions of cayenne.xml (see above).

    >BTW: Thanks for the help and for Cayenne of course!

    ;-).

    Andrus