informations

From: 'CAMILLE CAMPAGNE' (USSI.CAMPAGN..SINORSI.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 09:00:30 EDT

    From: USSI.CAMPAGN..SINORSI.COM
    To: cayenne-use..bjectstyle.org
    Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:00:18 +0200
    Subject: informations

    hello,
    I'm french, so, excuse me for my english...

    We're looking for an O/R mapping tool, and Cayenne can be very interesting,
    but I have some questions to really understand Cayenne :

            - Does Cayenne manage a cache of Objects ? (we've had a lot of problem
    with another tools which manages Cache, so I'd prefer that not, or that
    this cache can be really be configured.

            - Does Cayenne manage transaction ? If not, it is not a problem because we
    often use EJB...But if yes, I'd prefer that we can configure...

            - For example, if we have an application with a customer who can have
    bought multiples products...If I retrieve a customer, Does Cayenne retrieve
    all his products in memory, or is it a lazy read ?

            - A last question, does Cayenne work really just with JDK 1.4 ? (1.3 not
    supported ?)

    Thank you for your answers

    Camille