RE: Query and the cache

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 23:58:04 EDT

    Hi JR,

    At 10:36 PM 8/12/2002 -0500, JR Ruggentaler wrote:
    >I am adding thousands of records to my database in a backend application and
    >only wanted to save say every 100 records to increase performance.

    I still don't quiet understand the scenario. I guess it is too late and I
    am tired. So you are creating objects in the application that may already
    have counterpart records in the database? And you are trying to check if
    they are already there to avoid saving them again? Maybe a code snip will help.

    >I don't have much experience with EOF but doesn't it return query results
    >from both
    >the cache and the database?

    I do and the answer is: no, in this respect it works exactly like Cayenne -
    your uncomitted objects will not be included in the result.

    Andrus