Introduction and question

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 23:22:01 EDT

    Hi all,
            We are what amounts to a WebObjects shop (plus some not
    insignificant dalliances with a number of other technologies) that is
    looking at cayenne as the database layer for a commercial product we
    intend to release next year (don't ask what yet, I'm not allowed to say).

    We have a number of years experience in EOF (personally coming up on 5
    years, and two other developers with much the same). If the
    powers-that-be approve cayenne, then I'd anticipate us contributing as
    much as possible back to the main project (bug fixes, reports, new
    generic functionality). However, first we have to get it approved.

    My question is: "Who's using cayenne, and in what context?". The
    main issue we are addressing now is one of technical merit (and it's
    looking good so far), but obviously the "usage" is a concern, perhaps
    mostly in terms of how strong the user community is.

    Anyone got any comments?

    Craig Miskell
    Programmer, Black Albatross, Otago University, New Zealand