Re: connection pooling: maxconnections reached

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 11:29:59 EDT

    Hi Branko,

    Branko Kannenberg writes:
    > Hi there !
    >
    > I have a question about connection pooling implemented by cayenne:
    > If I set maxconnections to 10 and try to open 11 connections I get an
    > exception that the pool cannot open more connections.

    Max limit is a feature that puts an upper hard limit on a number of open
    connections. This is a safety feature to avoid unintentional opening of a
    huge number of connections.

    > Other Poolmanager also have the possibility to let the requester of the new
    > connection wait until one connection from the pool gets free again.
    > Would this be possible with cayenne?
    > It is not so easy to estimate the number of max connections that will be used.
    > So it would be nice if the application would not stop with an exception if on
    > some rare occasion one connection too much is requested.

    Now, this is a known bug reported here:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=595385&group_id=481
    32&atid=452068

    This should be fixed soon.