Re: Sybase support ?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:07:35 EDT

    Hi Philip,

    Sybase in fact was the primary database we originally developed Cayenne for.
    Right now we are testing against Sybase 11.9.2 (free Linux version). I would
    imagine it should work with 11.5 as well. You can run a set of unit tests
    that we provide with Cayenne against 11.5 - this is a pretty good
    compatibility check.

    Also, Cayenne is not a JDO implementation. It is an Object Relational tool
    that implements persistence features in its own way (closer to NeXT/Apple
    EOF, I'd say)

    Andrus