RE: Transactions

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 08:52:11 EST

    > yes, I'm using MySQL ver 4.0.4. They say that it does support
    transactions.
    > Is this realy true? Maybe you can give me a hint.

    It does ... when you use InnoDB tables. Else, the commit/rollback statements
    won't cause syntax errors but will be gracefully ignored.

    To see what type your tables are:

    show table status

    and if tables are of type MyISAM (wihch is the default table type) convert
    existing tables via:

    alter table <tablename> type = InnoDB

    Now transactions should work.

    -dirk