Re: Cayenne and Hibernate

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 12:18:21 EST

    First of all: my working knowledge of Hibernate is about half a year
    old. Maybe some things have improved by now.

    > Hibernate uses POJO (plain old java objects), no intefaces, and lots of
    > reflection.
    > Cayenne uses an interface, and implementations with indirect storage of
    > properties and relationships, supported by code generation.

    Hibernate can do lazy loading of relationships but that's not the
    default. If you want to do it, you'll have to define an interface for
    your DataObjects because Hibernate uses Java Proxies.

    -dirk