commit-problem?

From: Michael Schuldt (m..scensys.de)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 09:22:11 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm wondering about something like a commit-problem.

    I've got two classes:

    class TbUser:
    ID
    NAME
    LOGIN
    PWD

    class TbOffer:
    ID
    NAME
    PRICE
    AMOUNT
    USER_ID

    From out the classes you can see, that there's a 1:n relation btw. TbUser
    and TbOffer.

    In my application I'm creating a new TbOffer, filling the attributes and
    connect it to a former read user by calling:

    newOffer.setBelongsToUser (formerReadUser);

    At the end I'm calling theContenxt.commitChanges ()

    Everything works perfect. The relation is done and in another part of my
    application I'll get a list of all Offers belonging to one User. The user
    was read from the database. Even the new created Offer is in the List.

    But on my surface I try to print out all information from TbOffer and
    there's a null in the USER_ID. This will stay until I'll end the session.
    I'm only able to get the ID by reading the User fromout the offer again. Is
    there an error? It's important to me to get the ID but because of speed I
    don't want to read every user for each offer again and again! I just want to
    have the USER_ID?

    Thanks for any help

    Michael