Re: One to many relationships require reverse relationships?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 23:54:24 EDT

    > Hi Scott,
    >
    >> I saw the many-to-many relationship example in the users guide but am
    >> wondering why I have to create reverse relationships even when I build
    >> a one-to-many relationship?
    >
    > Cayenne always requires a reverse *Db* relationship, but not *Obj*
    > relationship. So from the object model perspective you are OK: your Java
    > classes will only have the required methods, and no artificial "reverse"
    > properties are needed.
    >
    > This is just the way inner working is done in Cayenne. In the future we
    > will most likely implement DbRelationships to be bidirectional by
    > definition to avoid such confusion.

    I looked at the sample code that Scott sent me, this is indeed a bug.
    (Only when there is one-way TO MANY, it works as advertised for one way TO
    ONE). Once SourceForge gets out of the maintenance mode, and I can get to
    the bug tracker, I will enter a bug for that. Though the fix is not
    trivial and some investigation is needed.

    Thanks.

    Andrus