Duplicates in log4j output

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 10:07:46 EDT

    Hello.

    My war-file contains jars for cayenne. When I deploy a new war-file in
    JBoss+Tomcat each message from log4j is duplicated. If I have redeployed
    my app 4 times (same filename) each message from log4j are outputted 4
    times.

    The number of equal messages increases when
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.Configuration sends the message "configured
    log4j with BasicConfigurator"

    I have the following code in my app before creating the first DataContext.

    Configuration.bootstrapSharedConfiguration(this.getClass());
    Configuration.configureCommonLogging(null);

    Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

    Here is the troubleshoot guide from jakarta:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/TROUBLESHOOT.html#duplicates

     - Tore.