Re: Modeler duplicating relations

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 15:06:15 EDT

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using the modeler to reverse engineer some table of an Oracle
    > database. I'm doing it in steps, a dozen tables everytime. The problem
    > is that everytime I run the reverse engineer tool, it duplicates all
    > existing relations appending 1 to the name (these tables are not
    > included in the table selection).

    I'll open a bug for that. In general, incremental reverse-engineering
    support (as opposed to all at once) does require lots of improvement.

    > BTW, is there anyway to do a search in the mailing list archives?

    The only way to search the site now is via a left hand search form, which
    as you may have noticed, uses Google on the whole ObjectStyle.org site
    including all other projects. This of course does not allow to limit
    search to just Cayenne-user archives and is also in the mercy of google as
    far as indexing. But it works well for most of the things.

    On a side note, we wanted to write a lucene/cayenne search webapp for the
    site (and as another Cayenne example), but noone had the time yet.

    Andrus