Re: Troubles packaging cayenne in a java GUI exe for windows

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 23:43:57 EDT

    On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 06:53 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Troy,
    >
    > do you have all the "types.xml" files bundled with Cayenne? There is
    > one under "....cayenne.dba." package and one per each adapter package.
    > Make sure you include them in the corresponding Java packages. From
    > the stack trace below I conclude that at least
    > org/objectstyle/cayenne/dba/types.xml is missing somehow.
    >
    > Andrus

    [Kinda Solved]

    After sending patched files and error reports back and force between me
    and Troy, I pretty much confirmed that in his EXE environment a code
    like "object.getClass().getClassLoader()" or
    "ClassName.class.getClassLoader()" *always* returns NULL; this must be
    checked and System ClassLoader must be used instead. So I extended
    earlier Holger's fix to include all affected static methods in
    ResourceLocator. Let's wait till tomorrow's nightly build to verify
    that it works...

    On a side note, ResourceLocator is up for some serious refactoring in
    1.1 to avoid such mess in the future... I am thinking of removing all
    static methods. Only properly configured instances will be allowed...

    Andrus