Re: problem with datanode.xml

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 10:56:38 EDT

    On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 07:58 PM, G.Venu wrote:
    > When i deploy my application in tomcat and start my transactions when
    > i reach 10 transactions server is giving me a error saying that
    > "connection timed out".At this point i have to restart my server to
    > get going and the same thing happens if it reaches 10 connections.I
    > even changed the number to 100.This only increases the number but it
    > failing when it reaches 100.what is the maximum no of connctions that
    > can be given in datanode.xml??.Is there any thing that can be done to
    > close the connections that are not being used???.Is there any other
    > alternative to this problem???please help me out...Its a real time
    > application.

    There is no reason to believe that "connection timed out" error is due
    to too many busy database connections (the actual error would be
    different, and your application would need to be hit real hard to get
    past 100 pooled connections). This looks more like a problem with your
    database or an inactivity timeout issue (e.g.
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/faq/deploy.html#reconnect ). Look in
    this direction first.

    If the problem still persists, could you provide more information: what
    database are you using? how did you determine that there are actually
    10 or 100 transactions being active? are there any unusual patterns in
    your particular use of Cayenne? Stack trace would be helpful too.

    Andrus