Re: Modeler: Reengineer from SQL Server

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 23:11:30 EDT

    Hi Bruce,

    This is strange... The way you are doing it is completely correct. Also
    I just did a little test using the latest Cayenne release (1.0 final)
    and com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver driver. Server is MS
    SQL Server 2000 EE (running on Windows - duh!). I was able to
    completely reverse engineer the database schema, including all the
    relationships. So reverse engineering SQL Server works.

    Is it possible that your login id doesn't have permissions to read the
    schema metadata? I never administered a SQL Server installation, so I
    can't tell where to look... I guess you could try using the default
    superuser login ("sa"), if it is not disabled, and see if it makes any
    difference. In any event, verify that you can see the tables you are
    trying to reverse engineer using Microsoft tools.

    Andrus