Re: newbie - Cayenne, Ant, JBoss?

From: Craig Ziesman (cziesma..ac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 12:05:35 EDT

    There are many kinds of web app. We are using JBoss and Jetty with servlets, not JSPs. I don't know how common that combination is, but I'm guessing it's not too rare. The snippets in the userguide did not seem adequate to me, but I guess "good examples" are always a matter of opinion. In a development example, I would have hoped to see something like a complete tutorial -- start to finish, with source code and build scripts -- which I could not find anywhere for Cayenne. A library of (unsupported) simple examples developed by Cayenne users in different environments and available for download would be helpful.

    The short answer on Cayenne access from an EJB container seems to be that it won't work. It appears that Cayenne needs to support Hibernate-style MBean facilities in order to provide this kind of access. I don't have time or resources to make this work myself, so I guess that I will have to switch over to Hibernate and use that instead. That's really too bad, as I would have preferred to stick with Cayenne for other reasons.