big problem with release version 1.0

From: Michael Schuldt (m..scensys.de)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 12:03:40 EDT

    Hi,

    till now we used the old alpha-version 1.0a6 of cayenne. Everything works
    fine so long. In our Web-Application we hav two threads frequently accessing
    the database through cayenne. After several hours both threads will die by
    an Cayenne-Exception:
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: Global exception.
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver.nextGlobalException(Selec
    tObserver.java:156)
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:332)
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.performQueries(DataDomain.java:427
    )
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQueries(DataContext.java:1
    020)
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:111
    2)
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:949
    )
                at
    de.best4rest.boerse.DBCleanerThread.run(DBCleanerThread.java:125)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
    Caused by: org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: Query exception.
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver.nextQueryException(Select
    Observer.java:147)
                at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:288)
                ... 6 more

    So we decided (nobody knows why this took us so long!!!) to upgrade to a
    newer cayenne-version. The latest was the release 1.0 so we chosed this one.

    Reading from the database is ok. But when we try to insert a new Object and
    “connect” this one to a related object (…an internal setToOneTarget) we get
    an NullPointerException! I also tried the reverse relation through
    addToManyTarget byt the same error occurred.

    I hope that anyone can help me! It’s very urgent!

    Here’s the error-listing:

    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.1.0 September 20 2003]
    Global exception.
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver.nextGlobalException(Selec
    tObserver.java:156)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:349)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataDomain.performQueries(DataDomain.java:466
    )
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQueries(DataContext.java:8
    33)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:885
    )
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:763
    )
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.RelationshipDataSource.updateListData(Re
    lationshipDataSource.java:97)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.ToManyList.getObjectList(ToManyList.java:120)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.ToManyList.add(ToManyList.java:128)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.addToManyTarget(CayenneDataObject.
    java:339)
            at de.best4rest.boerse._TbFirma.addToHasAngebote(_TbFirma.java:254)
            at
    de.best4rest.boerse.ProduktEinstellenAction.perform(ProduktEinstellenAction.
    java:400)
    .
    .
    .
    .
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.ObjectId.getValueForAttribute(ObjectId.java:145)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.SnapshotManager.isToOneTargetModified(Snapsho
    tManager.java:337)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.SnapshotManager.mergeObjectWithSnapshot(Snaps
    hotManager.java:246)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.objectFromDataRow(DataContext.jav
    a:336)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.ContextSelectObserver.nextDataRows(Conte
    xtSelectObserver.java:115)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.runSelect(DataNode.java:401)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:281)
            ... 59 more

    Thank you

    Michael

    ascensys
    Software & Consulting
    Schuldt und Spajic GbR

    Individualsoftware · Sicherheitskonzepte · Internetlösungen · Schulungen
    individual software · security concepts · internet solutions · trainings

    Leidhecke 24
    D-51570 Windeck
    Germany

    fon: +49 (0) 2292 6801-47
    fax: +49 (0) 2292 6801-48

    internet: http://www.ascensys.de <http://www.ascensys.de/>
    e-mail: inf..scensys.de <mailto:info@ascensys.de>

    Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is privileged and confidential and for
    the use of the addressee only. Should you have received this e-mail in error
    please notify us by replying directly to the sender or by sending a message
    to the sender and delete the e-mail. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying
    of the contents of this e-mail, or any similar action, is prohibited. Thank
    you.