Re: Stored Procedures Support

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 10:59:22 EDT

    On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 09:59 AM, Borys Burnayev wrote:

    > Where exactly is Cayenne in its stored procedures support?

    It allows to may a stored procedure in the DataMap and execute queries
    based on stored procedures. Reverse engineering is not supported due to
    the lacking JDBC support. We may (and should) implement a DB-specific
    mechanism to retrieve a list of stored procedures in the future.

    > The examples in user guide say the stored procedure must exist in the
    > DataMap. I've been playing with modeller for a while and still can't
    > figure out how I map a stored procedure I have in the database to the
    > DataMap or create one in the database based on the entry in DataMap.
    > Any suggestions?

    Yes, you can manually map stored procedures one by one. Use this button
    in the Modeler to create a procedure:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/images/modeler/icon-stored-procedure.gif

    Andrus