Date of Birth Artist

From: jini us (jiniusu..ahoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 12:57:49 EDT

    Hi,

    I was running the artist application using struts
    and I noticed that the date being picked up is today's
    date.
    This happens after I enter a new artist.

    Is this a problem which has been noticed before
    or could it be because I am using Postgres database
    in which case I need to investigate further to find
    the cause.