JIRA Issue Tracker Tips

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 13:14:20 EST

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000

    After using JIRA issue tracker for some time, and figuring out the best
    practices, I wanted to share some of them with Cayenne users and
    developers. These tips will be included in the next release doc, and of
    course this is work in progress:

    JIRA Issue Tracker Tips:

         * JIRA Can Be Used as a Wiki Replacement. Each issue in JIRA can
    have comments by logged in users, and supports refactoring the main
    issue description. This allows to organize Wiki-like collaboration
    process, with complete change log.

         * Who Should Register? Users are allowed to browse the database of
    Cayenne issues without logging in. But in order to submit, track, and
    vote on issues a user must register with JIRA. Use the "Register.."
    link above to create an account.

         * How Do I receive Email Updates When an Issue Changes? If you are
    a reporter or an assignee of the issue, e-mail updates will be sent
    automatically whenever the issue is modified. If you are not one of
    these people, you can use the "watch" feature. You must have a valid
    JIRA account, log in, select an issue and click on "Watch It" link on
    the left.

         * How Do I Indicate That an Issue Is Important to Me? JIRA has a
    "vote" feature. You must have a valid JIRA account, log in, select an
    issue and click on "Vote For It" link on the left. Cayenne team will
    take popularity votes into consideration, but makes no guarantees as to
    when and if a particular feature will become a part of Cayenne.

    Andrus