Bit and Boolean

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 13:58:13 EST

    I have a database column that I defined as BIT, because it looked like
    that was the right thing to do for boolean values. The corresponding
    object's field is declared as Boolean, of course.

    When I try to run a query that uses the boolean field, I see the error

    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Unable to identify an
    operator '=' for types 'bit' and 'boolean'
             You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

    Here's the query:

         SelectQuery query =
             new SelectQuery(Member.class,
                             ExpressionFactory.matchExp("username",
    username));
         query.andQualifier(ExpressionFactory.matchExp("password",
    password));
         query.andQualifier(ExpressionFactory.matchExp("active",
    Boolean.TRUE));

    What have I done wrong: declare the database field as BIT (should it be
    something else)? Use matchExp() improperly?

    Thank you for your help.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "Anyway, I heard that The Artist Formerly Known As Prince has now