Re: Deleting a DataObject with an unresolved dependent relationship

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 16:51:31 EST

    On Dec 19, 2003, at 4:35 PM, Terry Wilcox wrote:

    > Should readPropertyDirectly be returning a RelationshipFault or should
    > it be resolving the relationship and returning the related object. The
    > latter behaviour seems safer, but is it correct?

    The general philosophy is that "readPropertyDirectly" should return
    whatever is currently stored in the object without altering it in any
    way. This is an "unwritten contract" of the DataObject. I don't think
    we should make an exception in this case. Rather we should see where it
    was called and add proper handling of this condition.

    Andrus