ObjectStore and Caching

From: James Treleaven (jametre..noreo.on.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 18:19:44 EST

    Hi

    I am looking at deploying my webapp which uses Cayenne across a cluster
    of webservers, and I just want to make sure I don't get bitten by
    Cayenne's caching architecture.

    My understanding is that Cayenne currently does caching within a single
    Java VM, and that the intention is to provide cross VM caching in the
    1.1 release:
    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-30

    Is single-VM caching turned on by default? If so, does this mean that
    if I deploy my Cayenne app across a cluster I will run into problems?

    thanks,
    James