1.1a-pre2 bug?

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 10:28:36 EST

    I'm testing 1.1a-pre2, and I think I may have found a bug. I have
    in-JVM synchronization switched on ("type 2" synchronization, the
    default).

            Address -> AddressType -> Language

    I create an address, load an address type, and assign the type to the
    address. Note that I never loaded the language object explicitly. When
    I commit changes, (A) Cayenne attempts to re-save the address type,
    even though it has not changed. (B) It attempts to set the language_id
    to NULL when it does so.

    INFO [10:21:13,109] QueryLogger: UPDATE public.address_type SET
    language_id = WHERE id = ?
    INFO [10:21:13,111] QueryLogger: [bind: NULL, 2]
    INFO [10:21:13,122] QueryLogger: *** error.
    java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: ExecUpdate: Fail to add null value in
    not null attribute language_id

    This seems like a bug to me. Shall I file a bug report?

    This will probably keep me from using 1.1a-pre2 in my project, which is
    unfortunate because I really, really want the in-JVM synchronization.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "Master, does Emacs have the Buddha nature?" the novice asked.