Re: Release schedule

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 16:55:14 EST

    Hi Jim,

    On Feb 20, 2004, at 3:34 PM, Jim Menard wrote:
    > I'm wondering if you have a time in mind for a new Cayenne release.

    I am currently working on a few new features (namely - string
    expressions parser and modeler support for queries). When I am done
    with this, I will create another Alpha Preview. I would like to see
    this happen during the coming weekend, or later next week. But you
    should understand that I can't guarantee a date. My paid work done via
    ObjectStyle LLC. and things like personal life may effect this in
    unpredictable ways.

    Yes it is: http://objectstyle.org/downloads/cayenne/nightly/?M=D

    > I would prefer to give the developers I'm working with a version
    > number to grab instead of asking them to compile from CVS or instead
    > of me doing it and handing them the jar file.

    If in general you have no problem running CVS code, what prevents you
    and them from downloading a nightly build? It is packaged in exactly
    the same way as a normal release.

    Cheers,
    Andrus