Re: Release schedule

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 17:17:45 EST

    Andrus,

    > I am currently working on a few new features (namely - string
    > expressions parser and modeler support for queries). When I am done
    > with this, I will create another Alpha Preview. I would like to see
    > this happen during the coming weekend, or later next week. But you
    > should understand that I can't guarantee a date. My paid work done via
    > ObjectStyle LLC. and things like personal life may effect this in
    > unpredictable ways.

    Thank you for the update. I completely understand about the conflict;
    my day job deadline has interfered with my ability to work on
    DataVision.

    >> I would prefer to give the developers I'm working with a version
    >> number to grab instead of asking them to compile from CVS or instead
    >> of me doing it and handing them the jar file.
    >
    > If in general you have no problem running CVS code, what prevents you
    > and them from downloading a nightly build? It is packaged in exactly
    > the same way as a normal release.

    I didn't know that. I thought I'd have to recompile everything and
    start playing the "classpath, classpath, who's got the classpath" game
    :-)

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "The Be staff...went to see the movie 'Men in Black.' ...The movie makes