Re: FK error message mystery

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 20:26:57 EST

    On Feb 21, 2004, at 8:10 PM, I wrote:

    > When I execute the following code, I see the error below.
    >
    > album.setCoverPhoto(photo);
    > album.getDataContext().commitChanges();
    [snip]
    > [v.1.1-dev-2004-2-21 February 21 2004] Some parts of FK are missing in
    > snapshot.

    I have read the mailing list archives concerning this error message. I
    must not be understanding something.

            Album ---> * Photo

    One album can contain many photos. In addition, an album may optionally
    refer to one cover photo. I modeled that as a one-to-one relationship
    with a "cover_photo" field in the album table that is related to the
    photo's id. The modeler doesn't let me check "To Dep PK". I assume
    that's because cover_photo is not the PK of the album table.

    What do I do? After reading the archives, I still can't figure out what
    I need to do to make this rather simple relationship work.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And