Logging in Cayenne?

From: Mike Elliott (mr..79.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 02:55:04 EST

    I've never quite gotten a clear picture of how logging is done in Cayenne. If
    I follow the examples I will get console log output of queries. That's good.
    If, on the other hand, I decide to write a program where I try to explicitly
    use the logging facility, I get complaints like the following:

    log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (root).

    What, may I ask, is required to "initialize the log4j system properly" and how
    do I, for instance, cause log.debug( "Hello" ) to cause "Hello" to appear in
    the log? Or, am I doing it totally wrong and I need to do something else?