Re: Logging in Cayenne?

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 07:24:48 EST

    Mike,

    On Mar 16, 2004, at 2:55 AM, Mike Elliott wrote:

    > I've never quite gotten a clear picture of how logging is done in
    > Cayenne. If
    > I follow the examples I will get console log output of queries.
    > That's good.
    > If, on the other hand, I decide to write a program where I try to
    > explicitly
    > use the logging facility, I get complaints like the following:
    >
    > log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (root).
    >
    > What, may I ask, is required to "initialize the log4j system properly"
    > and how
    > do I, for instance, cause log.debug( "Hello" ) to cause "Hello" to
    > appear in
    > the log? Or, am I doing it totally wrong and I need to do something
    > else?

    It took me a while to figure out the correct Log4J incantations. The
    online manual at http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html was
    very helpful. I've attached a copy of my log4j.properties file below.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    Crash Windows XP in two lines of code: