Re: Newby question about Cayenne, threads and EOF comparison

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 11:12:35 EST

    Alexander,

    This is just one data point for you.

    On Apr 2, 2004, at 10:22 AM, Alexander Lamb wrote:

    > I am considering swiching to Cayenne for a small project after having
    > several years of EOF (Objective-C + Java) and WebObjects experience.
    [snip]

    > Now, for the view side, two questions:
    >
    > 1. Tapestry? or JSF (Java Server Faces)? in order to get back the
    > component oriented design of WebObjects?

    Tapestry. I just finished a Tapestry/Cayenne project, and it was a
    pleasure. I haven't used JSF.

    > Now for deployment, imagin I am comming from WebObjects, what would be
    > the closest and most appropriate for a web app:
    >
    > 1. JBoss, as an EJB ? or without EJB?
    > 2. Simply Tomcat + Tapestry + Cayenne? But then how about load
    > balancing?

    I used Tomcat, but load balancing is not yet an issue for the app.

    Deployment was a breeze. One minor caveat: the Cayenne and Tapestry jar
    files had to go in WEB-INF/lib instead of in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib.
    For some reason, somebody's class loader somewhere (Tomcat, Cayenne, or
    Tapestry; I forgot which) couldn't handle the jar files being in the
    shared library directory.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "The world is divided into one group: those who start counting at 0,