Re: setting a relationship from the wrong DataContext

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 12:20:09 EDT

    Todd O'Bryan <toddobrya..ac.com> wrote:
    > But, if I've just created the Question and haven't registered it, then
    > it doesn't have a DataContext yet, does it?
    >
    > Trying to do this, I get a NullPointerException. Is it possible? I'd
    > prefer to be able to create DataObjects without
    > a DataContext if that's possible...

    While you can create an individual data object without registering it in a
    context, I don't believe you can assign relationships to other data objects
    unless they are both registered in the same context.

    I could be wrong as I never use data objects outside of a data context (and
    always use the create-and-register initializer).

    Maybe it would work if both objects are un-registered.

    -Mike